Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Get to Know Us: Janet Hoefer


The next lovely lady that we are featuring is the wonderfully talented Janet Hoefer! Janet has also been working at the Cabbage Rose since our very first day 13 years ago and has helped us create so many amazing kits while designing her very own patterns, one of which is the star of our brand new Wildflowers Block of the Month & Kits! Read on to learn more about Janet's creative life!



Q. Tell us everything you do at Cabbage Rose?
JH. I help with fabric choices, creating new kits, and helping customers.

Q. What are your crafty specialties?
JH. Developing and creating new quilts.

Q. How did you get started with quilting, creating etc.
JH. I have sewed since I was a child. My grandmother and I made a quilt for a doll. I was also to play near while she quilted as I was her needle threader!

Q. Your fondest sewing/quilting memory?
JH. Sewing quilts with my sister.

Q. Fondest memory of Cabbage Rose?
JH. A class with Barbara Brackman - she inspired me to ma a quilt in honor of my 13 relatives who were in WWII.

Q. Any special "just for fun" projects you're working on?
JH. A small flower quilt I made with sewing buddies.

Q. What's you guiltiest pleasure?
JH. Just creating and see a quilt come alive!

Q. Any words of wisdom for beginning sewers/quilters?
JH. Use good pins, DO NOT use large ones...they are like nails!

No comments: