Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Make it WILD with Field Study by Anna Maria Horner!

 
 
I just LOVE this gorgeously striped, cheetah print named Amelia from Anna Maria Horner's most recent fabric collection, Field Study!! It's so dimensional with the stripes of dark and light highlighted with pops of citron! At first it might escape you what to do with something so unique as this, but my motto is...when in doubt, build your project around the fabric you love!  This is TOTALLY not a fabric you'd normally find in my wardrobe...I wear a lot of basics and earth tones. But since it has an array of neutrals in it, I just knew it would look awesome with some simple wardrobe staples like my denim button up or a simple black tank top (once it warms up a bit anyways!) So I decided to make a very simple, straight lines only maxi skirt and my goodness it has turned into one of my favorite things in LIFE!! And yes, you could DEFINITLEY create Caroline's Tank Dress with this print and a black or chocolate brown, or EVEN GRAY tank...HOW CUTE WOULD THAT BE???
 
 
 
 
Once Caroline got a peek at my skirt, she had to create an Abby Bag for her Class Sample out of this to-die-for fabric and it really turns this design by V & Co. into a show stopper! That solid citron bow is just too perfect! This is a great way to bring an amazing fabric into your life that seems at first to be a little out of your comfort zone! By rocking that print on a fabulous every day bag, you get the affect without rocking your style boat TOO much! Not that we don't like encouraging bold choices and following your heart when it comes to fabric, we also know its all about baby steps! It's hard to believe that when I first started working at the Cabbage Rose, all I wanted to use was Fig Tree Fabrics! My, how tastes DO change! ;)
 
 
Field Study Blueberry   Field Study Dream   Field Study Amethyst
 
There are even more FABULOUS prints in this collection, you could totally design one-of-kind bedding and room décor using these and accenting with pretty solids for a wild and bohemian look that you will never tire of staring at! What have you made with Field Study?? Share your pictures with us! Or come into the shop and show us what you're working on! We'd love to see it!!
 
Happy Sewing!
 
 
PS! Don't forget our April Sew Fresh Meeting is THIS THURSDAY from 6-9pm in the Cabbage Rose Classroom! The girls will be sewing the night away, sharing projects and starting new ones so come make a mess with us!!

No comments: