Monday, April 1, 2013

More Out to Sea Projects!

 
One of my FAVORITE collections that has come out in the past year was Out to Sea by Sarah Jane for Michael Miller Fabrics! There was just something so whimsical about her assortment of nautical themed prints that totally captured my heart! I even made myself a Perfect with Pockets Skirt with one of the Anchor Prints which turned out fabulous! But this nautical quilt is just about killing me right now!

 

 
 
Sarah Jane got a little help from Amy over at Diary of a Quilter to bring us a full tutorial for this adorable design! I am absolutely smitten by the clever use of the panels and those adorable flag blocks...and using that stripe for a bias binding?? TOO PERFECT! This little quilt would be so precious as a crib quilt, maybe in an entire nursery decorated in this collection!! Or hung on the wall in your little pirate's room! You can see the full tutorial here!
 

 
Please tell me. HOW.CUTE.IS.THIS????? I am just about in love with this adorable little sailor dress! I could totally see a themed photo of the kiddos in outfits made from these great fabrics since there are lots of cool coordinates that would make adorable button up shirts or shorts for the boys, and obviously simple skirts or dresses for the girls! (FULL DRESS TUTORIAL HERE)
 
Sometimes going through some of the recent collections of the past year is so fun! There's always more projects on the web after a line has been out for a little while so its great to revisit those favorite fabrics and be inspired all over again! I seriously need to make myself a skirt out of that navy sailboat print now...
 
 
Happy Sewing!!

No comments: