Friday, July 12, 2013

Pattern Feature: The Staple Dress by April Rhodes

 
 
I don't know about you but I have been on the lookout for a very specific, very simple dress pattern for ages and I think the search was finally over once I laid eyes on The Staple Dress by April Rhodes! It reads classic and modern at the same time and I'm pretty sure there will be 5 of these in my closet by the end of the Summer.



 
 
This dress has a lot of ease to the fit through the bus and hips while the shirring at the waist creates a flattering silhouette for any figure! You can create it with a classic straight hem or with the dramatic and trendy drop hem! Pockets are also an option, but c'mon...who wants a dress without pockets?
 
 
 
The Staple Dress can truly be worn anywhere depending on what fabric you use! I love the look of an eyelet, but it would be an awesome every day dress made in a neutral jersey! This is a great pattern to give a beginner seamstress or just anyone wanting to begin sewing for themselves, they will get SO much mileage out of this pattern and the simplicity should make fit a breeze!
 
You can get the pattern and see the fabric requirements here!
 
Happy Sewing!


No comments: