Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas Tree Napkin Tutorial

Hi Everyone!

We are so excited about the holidays around Cabbage Rose!

Here is a quick and easy tutorial on how to make those cute little Christmas Tree napkins for your home this holiday season!
Photobucket
What you need (makes 2 napkins):
2 Fat Quarters of pretty coordinating Christmas fabrics
The biggest mixing bowl you have
Scissors
Coordinating thread
Iron & board
Photobucket
Stack your fabrics and place the mixing bowl upside down on top of them.
Photobucket
Cut around the bowl (through both fabrics) about an inch away from the bowl.
Photobucket
Fold your circles in half and cut down the fold.
Photobucket
Now you should have 4 semi-circles. 
Photobucket
Pin two coordinating semi-circles right sides together and sew almost all the way around the edge. Leave 1-2" for turning.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Flip your semi-circles right sides out and top-stitch the opening you left for turning.
Fold & press like a Christmas tree. (Follow the folds below).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Repeat for the other two semi-circles & you've got yourself two festive Christmas tree napkins!
Photobucket
Check back later this week for the coffee cozy tutorial, you won't want to miss it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scissors? I did not know anyone still used scissors! I am impressed. I have gone to the dark side of rottery cutting. I signed up for one of these how to classes at one of my quiliting shops. I cannot wait! Thanks for the tutorial!

Lee said...

I love this! thanks for a great tutorial!

Unknown said...

I have made these napkins using a completely different method. Your method is soooo much eaiser. I am making sets of these for Christmas gifts this Christmas and can not wait to get the mixing bowl out. I do plan to make a pattern so I will be consistant with size. Thanks for the tutorial.