Monday, June 21, 2010

Something New!

Well, another lovely weekend has come and gone. Can you believe how fast they go by?? I sure can't, but luckily I have a job that I'm thrilled to come back to every Monday! In celebration of that fact, I thought I'd share some serious cute with you guys today. Get ready...

We have finally added trims to the website! If you go to the homepage, under the heading Quilt Shop you will see Notions & Trims! This is the department where you will find lots of beautiful colored ric racs and pom pom fringe! There are even some Riley Blake trims!


Pretty cute, eh? Well all I can say is there's a lot of pizzazz to be added with these adorable trimmings! Think of all the posibillities! You could trim a cute skirt with pom poms or a pair of funky capris with ric rac! I was thinking it would be A-DOR-A-BLE to line the edge of a pillowcase with those fuzzy poms! And there's oh-so-much you could do with a quilt and some pretty ric rac in your hands! Do you have any cute ideas for using trims?? We'd love to hear about them! Let's talk in the comments!

3 comments:

Cabbage Rose said...

Just had another CUTE idea! How about slapping two flannels together and adding the pom pom fringe to the edges for an adorable lap blankie! I'd love to use some of the new Colorful Christmas flannels, maybe a bigger print on one side and a calmer one on the other and using the red poms! How simple would that be??

Shelly said...

I love using rick-rack. I have a collection of old trims that my grandmother had in her "stash", and they've been fun to play with. I'm so glad that they're making such a comeback, and hope to do lots more with them in the future, especially that jumbo stuff -- gotta love it!

Cabbage Rose said...

oh, how i LOVE vintage trims! i bet you're just having a ball with them!

and i agree, i've always adored ric rac and i'm thrilled to see it gaining popularity again!