Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Handmade Life

So this is a new feature I would like to make a weekly staple here on the blog. I want it to be about quick and easy ideas that can help people who are interested in living the handmade lifestyle but don't have hours of free time every day. I believe that even the smallest choices can have a big impact so that's what I hope this feature does, inspire some small choices that make a great impact on your life!

Yesterday I listed some new pillowcase kits online and I think this would be the perfect place to start.

 

I think the easiest way to introduce yourself to the handmade lifestyle is to think about the things in our lives that we see as disposable and creating something that is not! For instance, every Halloween I see tons of kiddos carrying around those little plastic jack-o-lanterns that they use to carry all their trick-or-treating loot in! And every garbage day after, you see them in everyone's trash cans. Maybe you only spend $1.99 on those buckets each year, but how about investing the $10.25 it costs for one of these adorable pillowcase kits, spending the 15 minutes it takes to whip one up and voila! You now have a trick-or-treat goodie bag that is adorable, that you'll never want to throw away and that your child can use year after year! Plus, pillowcases won't take up much room in your already full linen cabinet! And perhaps your munchkins would like the pillowcase on their bed all of October! Handmade AND multi-purpose??? Can you say, AWESOME!!

Now, I know this is a very small thing to do, but I really hope that by introducing little ideas, it will inspire bigger ones. And I hope you guys have some wonderful ideas to share here with me and everyone else! Also, let me know what you think of this "Handmade Life" feature. Would you like to see more? I appreciate yall's feedback so any ideas, comments or concerns are greatly appreciated!!

No comments: